60,000L HazSure Tank
In October of 2014, APD designed and built what is to date the largest Polyethylene Bulk Hazardous Storage tank in New Zealand. The tank is a multilayer design in accordance with BS EN12573 and EN1778 with additional FEA analysis work performed to meet the client’s specification which is as follows;
- A working volume of 60,000L
- accommodate a long term internal pressure of 1.5Kpa and a maximum internal pressure of 2.7KPa
- Designed for seismic loading.
- Have a 600mm side entry manway and a top mount inspection hatch
- Various fittings to suit level measurement, inlets and outlets
- To have a ladder with cage and a handrail to ensure safe access for maintenance and inspection purposes of equipment.
- Connect the tank vent and overflow to passive scrubbers to capture the Hydrochloric fumes during filling and emptying of the tank
The overall tank dimensions are;
- Base diameter – 4770mm
- Barrel height – 4025mm
- Overall tank height – 4520mm
In additional, the tank has a specially designed internal roof structure to resist the long term internal pressures the tank is subject to.